Friday, March 18, 2022

Moon and Spider

We had really clear skies and a full moon two nights ago.  I'm using my big camera again since Jim was able to get the stuck battery out.  It was wiggling a little, so he pried it out with a small screw driver.  Good thing, getting a camera repaired is going the way of TV tube testers.  If you're old, like me, you'll remember those being in hardware stores and drug stores.  The camera is happy, and I'll be ordering a new battery to replace the old one.  Anyway, I was able to get a photo of the moon.  I need a longer lens, but don't have one.

A zoomed in photo.

It was good timing, the next night was really overcast.

Our neighbors are getting a new roof.  Yesterday they did the tear off.  Today, very early this morning, they delivered the shingles to the top of the roof.  Unfortunately, the roofers did not show up.  Neighbor says that communication is not their strong suit.

This is a pretty cool spider.  He's a Peacock spider.  They don't spin webs, they forage.  Females are known to eat the males if they do not like their dance.  Go here to see the spider dance, it's amazing.

There has been speculation about what the goals of the trucker's convoy are in Washington DC.  Today they're driving through DC neighborhoods being cursed at by the citizens.  These words were spoken on stage at the morning trucker's meeting.  I guess now we know what they want.

This is also from twitter.  It made me think differently about the whole abortion argument.

That's it!  That's all I've got.


9 comments:

  1. That last statement is so true. We're truly going back to the dark ages. Those moon photos are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon was so incredibly bright last night. You'd think those truckers would have something better to do than to drive around DC using up gas they aren't getting paid for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't look at the spider photo, they give me the willies.

    There is so much anger and ignorance in the world, I suppose it was always so but it makes me so sad. Trump did a good job of getting people to see people as other and not us. We're all the same and the differences are only superficial, even the angry assholes I just realized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiders, no matter how cool, are icky.

    It scares the hell out of me how much air time the RWNJ's are getting. Here in Canada the messages are there too and being amplified by our Conservative politicians. I want a better world for my grandson but I fear that isn't even a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fellow leading those truckers would up leader by default. He doesn't espouse half of what is said, but he's the one they come to for advice. He may be the only one with an airhorn, too.
    That last statement is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I think we have the same moon! Excellent shot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that trucker thing still going on? I had no idea.

    The abortion argument is spot-on. I've said something similar all along -- that if a woman doesn't want that baby, that's all it takes. Everything else is smokescreen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are moving backward in time. I believe my grandchildren will have the same fight women of the 1960's had. Lovely pictures of the moon. It was so bright here it lit up my bedroom window and woke me at 3am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The abortion argument is so on point. Yes. That.
    Beautiful moon in your neck of the woods. I think I missed it here.

    ReplyDelete