Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Still Painting

It's February already.  It's also snowing, which was not in the forecast.  Oh wait, it stopped, so that is good. 

We've completed the second phase of painting, which was improving the way the door frames to the primary bedroom looked, as well as the back of the door to the bathroom.  The bathroom door was down to bare wood at the bottom.  I don't know if they had a dog clawing at the door or what, but it was bad.  I filled the damage from the wheel chair hubs, and they don't look too bad.  We were expecting to have to paint every square inch of the doors, but we didn't.  Yay!  The paint was an extraordinarily good match, so we were able to dab a lot of the dings and do one section of the door - where the putative animal was.  The door frames had to be painted everywhere which was excruciating, after awhile I flounced off leaving part of my frame to Jim to do.  I did, however, do the doors, and the base boards in the bathroom.  

Here is Jim, masking hinge plates.  That was also tedious.  One tapes over them, and then removes the excess tape with a scalpel.  Sounds like it should be easy, but it's not.

By Monday, we were pretty much done with it all, and happy we are about that.

Yesterday we went to REI, and returned yet another pair of shoes that my feet will not tolerate, and a pair of wool socks that were too fat.  I also picked up a new pair of socks that I had shipped to the store, which is free.  They are cuter than cute.  Socks with graphic designs are a new thing for me, I've always been a solid color sock type of person.

Today Jim embarked on his project to change out every single outlet and switch cover and wash the fixed parts.  The previous owners had smudgy fingers.  Simple Green cleans everything.  He's cleaning the switch for the garbage disposal here.  I am still filling woodwork dings.


Many of the Republicans are all up in their hair about Pres. Biden saying he would nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court.  None of them were upset when Reagan said he would (and did) nominate a woman, they were fine with it.  I wonder what the difference could be.  Senator John Kennedy made it pretty clear how he feels about it.


So, this might be the most boring post ever - sorry about that!

10 comments:

  1. What a sickening comment from J.Kennedy who doesn't deserve to share a name with our late president. I find painting so tedious, but it sounds like you're making lots of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Margaret said. These old doddering fools should sit down and shut up.

    The problem with painting is you do find all the other little things that you don't see normally. But the end result is generally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Jim are busy indeed, but how lovely to be making your home exactly as you would have it be. As for the Republicans knee jerk outrage, I cant with them. They're exhausting. I look forward to meeting our new justice, and trust me, she will be as qualified or infinitely more qualified than just about anyone on the bench right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've said this before, but you and Jim are so meticulous! (I mean that in a good way. Detail-oriented, perhaps I should say.) Love the lemur socks!

    My only misgiving about Biden's announcement is that it gives the right-wingers fuel to denigrate his eventual nominee. They'll insist she was chosen for her color rather than her expertise. He should have just kept mum and made the nomination and deprived them of that ammunition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, we'll take that as a compliment. And I agree with your comment re the SCOTUS pick, right on point.

      Delete
  5. Sounds busy at your house which is good since it's too cold to go out. I love my picture sox - newest pair have flying pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, soon as I get some down time I plan to start a new blog with a different name. Still so much stuff and so little space here. I am looking forward to doing cosmetic improvements to my space. I actually love to paint and clean. It is like erasing and starting over, just like our government should do. It is so broken, our previous dictator wanna-be made it so clear to see. Too much greed and following party lines regardless of the damage caused. Biden is doing a decent job with the mess he was given, but there are those who will never admit this even if they agree. I despise Sen. John Kennedy and all of his hateful views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Senator Kennedy isn't the only only making remarks like that, they just disguise it be saying that Biden should appoint the most qualified, the unspoken part being that they don't think a black woman could possibly be the most qualified. And yet these same people had no trouble voting for two SC justices who were imminently unqualified and have no problem not even considering a black woman in their search for the most qualified.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Painting is top rung on my ladder of do not do's. A whole lot of R's are pretty high on my ladder of shut up and go away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable socks! I'm a big fan of fun socks; it's one garment one can go a little crazy with without making too big a statement. You might check orthofeet.com for shoes -- I just ordered some walkers from them, and they are literally the most comfortable shoes I have EVER worn. I have big toe osteoarthritis and other foot issues, but these are a dream. Some of their styles are quite attractive too; not like your grandma's orthopedic shoes!

    ReplyDelete