Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rillito River Trail

Behold the magnificence of the new bike rack. We used it for the first time yesterday to transport the bikes to the Rillito River trail. It's a nice flat separated trail along the Rillito river bed. I'm still a little wonky so we decided to ride heavy un-twitchy bikes for the first time out. I have a weird sensation in my head, it feels like things are coming up too fast on me, I even get it hiking when I'm moving fast. Hopefully this will dissipate along with the funny taste in my mouth. That has been a journey, it started out as a metallic taste, morphed into a salty/pineapple taste, and now is just salty. It's so annoying. Messing with a person's head is just a bad thing all the way around.

On the way out we saw a traffic accident at Ajo and Mission. Someone turned left into the Bounder and took out the left front quadrant of the motor home. That's going to be a bummer for the owners, their house has been damaged!


Here is the Rillito River trail at the unpaved end of it. Jim was scouting for me to see how bumpy it was. We rode a short section of it, but the ear was not enjoying the terrain, so we crossed over and got back on a paved stretch.


It was, however, a beautiful day and I enjoyed being liberated from my Lazy Boy recliner where I have spent so much time over the past week.


No comments:

Post a Comment