Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy National Tater Day

Happy Easter to all of you who participate.   Also being acknowledged today are International Transgender Day of Visibility, Crayola Crayon Day, Eiffel Tower Day, National Farm Workers Day, and National Tater Day.  With the exception of Easter, all of these days will occur on March 31, each and every year.  The republicans are having a cow over today's acknowledgement of Trans Day of Visibility and are portraying President Biden as the anti-Christ for doing it.  Speaker of the House is actively lying about it.

One of the neighbors brings treats to the street.  Today she brought a cute little arrangement of Easter candy.  Previously she delivered for Valentine's day.


The weather has been unfortunate.  Friday we rode the bikes, it was very windy.  Coming back into the wind was making me whimper.  I was also afraid it was going to suck the contact lens out of my right eye.  Fortunately, it did not do that.  Yesterday was even more windy.  So, we hiked.  It was not a long hike due to the increasing force of the wind and our desire to not be on any ridge lines.  

Here is an ocotillo that is blooming.


And here is more desert loveliness.


Today the wind is up again, and it is raining.  It will rain all day.  It will rain all day tomorrow.  We're going to check the weather tomorrow and see if perhaps it will be nice further south.  We could go to Tubac, which is an artsy-fartsy tourist trap.  At least one would be out of the house.

This is a tweet from Laurence Tribe, eminent Constitutional lawyer. 


Every day it appears that the entire legal system is stacked in favor of the orange menace.  It's somewhat depressing.  I should probably read more science fiction and less politics.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Tater Day indeed. I love that the International Transgender Day of Visibility is being celebrated today. I'm sure it has some evangelicals having conniptions.
    Is it generally that windy in Arizona? Or is the weather just odd this year, as it has been here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring brings hellish winds for April. What's really weird here is how dang wet it is.

      Delete
  2. Gosh , now I am hungry for taters- the Tot kind with ketchup! It's been years!
    You certainly do keep your machine in motion, I admire!! Also wondering if you found shoes that don't kill you when hiking, I need a pair - hiking itself at this flabby point might kill me but if I have decent shoes I won't complain . Wind and gravity are not the best friends we have...I am so glad to have moved from the corridor of wind - not missing it all! Glad you got to keep your contacts. At least the wind did not rob you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hiking shoes are ancient, they don't make them anymore. This strikes terror into my heart. Order one of everything from REI. Wear them outside, they'll take them back and sell in their garage sales. It's the only way to know.

      Delete
  3. A lovely day here, but I did not go out in it. I hope Biden had a lovely day; his pronouncements do him justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the desert does have a singular beauty.

    I'm very disappointed in Garland who seemingly has made no effort to go after those congressional members who were part and party to the insurrection, all still in office. Biden should have replaced him long ago. I've quit hoping Trump goes to jail. now I hope his dementia accelerates and his diet and weight produce an end event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is Scary Larry, I wonder?

    This whole Transgender Day of Visibility controversy is so obviously a made-for-Fox-News media spectacle. I don't think it matters much because anyone who would be offended probably wasn't voting for Biden anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I commented on this post! Am I in your spam? Ugh -- Blogger!!

    Anyway, I think I said something about how silly the Transgender Visibility kerfuffle is. I don't think it's going to win any voters to the Republican side -- anyone who would be offended is probably already a Trumper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. I am sorry I ever had to return to this country. I enjoy your photos and commentary. The desert is both beautiful and fascinating. I hope all will be well with your health.

    ReplyDelete