Thursday, March 21, 2024

Lev Parnas and Me

Lev Parnas testified for eight hours yesterday, in front of the Oversight Committee.  They are the ones who are attempting to find any trace of high crimes and misdemeanors with which to impeach President Biden.  They got nothin!  After that session, the width and breadth of the corruption of the republicans and Putin has been revealed. 

Here is part of what Mr. Parnas said, "From shortly after my arrest on October 9, 2019, to now, I have been trying to share the irrefutable truth with you: The American people have been lied to by Trump, Giuliani, & various cohorts of individuals in govt and media positions."
Parnas goes on to say: "Pete Sessions, then Congressman Devin Nunes, Senator Ron Johnson and many others understood they were pushing a false narrative. The same goes for John Solomon, Sean Hannity and media personnel, particularly at Fox News."  Pete Sessions, who is on the Oversight Committee was called out as well, for being involved in the attempt to manufacture evidence of corruption in the Biden family.  Yesterday Representative Lynch (D-MA) said the following, "When you review the entire record of evidence of these hearings going back over a year, you've actually provided more evidence to impeach Donald Trump for a third time than you have in so much as laying a glove on Joe Biden."

So, it's out now, it's part of the Congressional Record, and it probably won't make a bit of difference.  Neither the WAPO or NYT have covered the hearings.  This is just journalistic malpractice.

At one point, Rep. Moskowitz (who James Comer refers to as a smurf) offered to make the motion to impeach and Comer could second it.  What's truly worth seeing is Jamie Raskin's face.  It's a short clip, you should play it.  There is a 60 second clip of Moskowitz badgering Tony Bobulinski about why Comer hasn't called a vote.


The Hill has an article with video in it.  It's a concise version of the testimony.  I'm going to  link to another clip of Mr. Parnas testifying.  This is a good one.  The whole thing was on CSPAN if you have access to it.  The transcript of what Mr. Parnas said is here.

The weather has been good this week.  Unfortunately, we have had appointments everyday that precluded riding.  One of the worst things about being old is that the systems start breaking down. 

Tuesday was interesting, I have the left ear from hell.  Two ear drums have been grafted in over the years, and both grafts failed, so the ear drum is currently perforated.  Tuesday I saw a new to me ENT and learned that my ear canal has collapsed, probably as a result of the last surgeon enlarging the ear canal so he could better visualize the surgical site.  I was told that stents are available to hold the canal open, which I may do next winter; it would improve my hearing.  Unlike the first ENT I was referred to down here, he did not think anything needs to be done immediately.  Do nothing are my favorite words from a medical person. 

Here is the lovely view of the Catalinas from the roof of the parking structure.

The previous Saturday was a cardiac CT scan.  I'm old, I have no idea what's happening in my heart, the cardiac scan looks for calcium deposits, which are a marker for how much soft plaque is in there.  Soft plaque ruptures generally cause heart attacks.  It' not perfect measure, but it is non-invasive.  My risk for CV disease is below the 50th percentile for my age and gender group. However, the scan also revealed spots on the lungs.  A follow on chest CT showed various areas of consolidation, it's like bits of hard sponge amongst the soft sponge that should be your lungs.  This is not good, how not good remains to be seen.  I'm now waiting for a referral to a pulmonologist, and this one is really giving me the willies.   

These were taken on a day when the weather was trying to decide to rain or not.


Other than this, I have nothing much to say.  Ok, this is funny.  If you don't follow football, that's Taylor Swift's boyfriend, who was yelling at the coach during the Super Bowl.



9 comments:

  1. I saw my pulmonologist today. Lovely woman. I had a breathing test yesterday. My pul.ogist tells me it is improved from the previous test, a couple of years ago. That test happened because my PC decided I had COPD and send me. It's all a big minuet, with pots of money for all the doctors. Go along with them; it's noninvasive and could be useful.
    Your clips and recaps are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for wandering through the darkness of political BS for us...I can not but if it is handed to me on a good natured post , I shall consume.
    The mountains are beautiful in your neighborhood and the medical news is pretty much OK...I am at the point in this life of wondering just which failure will take me out. I hope it is a failure to wake up in the morning. Just a nice snooze into the cosmos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Linda Sue about the news; I like it pre-digested by someone else so thank you for that. It's sobering how our bodies start to disintegrate and like a car, all our systems are tied together. Hope the lung spots aren't anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud with that last meme.

    I'm sure you've already done a google search on lung consolidation and differental diagnoses, so nothing I can add here really. I hope that whatever it is, is amenable to treatment.

    But that sky, beautiful!

    Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crossing my fingers that the lung spots are nothing -- or nothing much. Perhaps it's a good sign that you're catching them while getting a scan for something else.

    I suspect that NYT and WaPo don't want to dignify these ridiculous hearings with coverage -- but you're right that it leaves a vacuum, which is then filled by right-wing media. I'm not sure the testimony even matters much. Those idiots will vote however they want to vote whether there's evidence or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the lung thing isn't anything serious. Everything does seem to start breaking down on one's body after a certain point, no matter how careful we are. You are smart to get things checked...I'll be thinking of you and hoping for good news very soon. And thanks for the political news; you do a wonderful job sharing the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had already read about Parnus' testimony and oh, do I love Jared Moskowitz and Jamie Raskin. I hope whatever health issues you have get resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 37paddington: I’m glad you’re pursuing answers for the medical questions. May all be treatable and well. Your being an active bike rider should help things. And I’ve been meaning to ask what work you did before you retired. You write with such clarity about news events, cutting through everything extraneous and getting right to the pithy heart. I always welcome your take on the news. And yes, it’s a crime for major publications like the NYTimes and Washington Pist not to have covered Parnas’s testimony.

    ReplyDelete