Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Yesterday morning we spent a couple of hours watching the Weather Channel.  That was the most amazing storm.  I used to live in northern Virginia, and ANY snow would completely shut down the area.  I can't imagine how long it's going to take for them to recover from this.  One of the things that would happen in the neighborhoods was that the driveway would be shoveled by the homeowner, and then the plow would come through and pile up all the snow back into the base of the driveway.  It was very aggravating.  I hated shoveling snow.


Fortunately we are here, and not there.  Yesterday Tucson was in to the low 80's.  It was just a glorious day.  Jim got my bike out for me and pumped the tires.  It's good to have my soigneur back on duty.


I did a short climbing ride with Jim in the area with the truck.  It's good to have a mobile soigneur if there is a flat tire.


Out on McCain Loop.  It's a very pleasant ride, it's a beautiful part of the Tucson Mountain Park.


Other than some short rides, I have zippity doo-dah to report.  It's going to take forever to get back in shape.  Any time the road points up, the mph start dropping.
Jim and I have been flirting with the edge of the Slough of Despond.   The inactivity is driving us nuts.  Then we see RVs with new wheel chair ramps,  people who have had strokes and we remind ourselves that it could be so much worse and that we should just buck up.

3 comments:

  1. You may have already told us but where in Virginia did you live? We lived in Springfield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in Falls Church - it's Northern Virginia.

      Delete
  2. Yep, you're so right. I feel out of shape right now too, but walking around the campground and seeing people who can barely walk, I feel fit as a fiddle. You look great on the bike!

    ReplyDelete