Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Continuing Saga of the Feet

Our stay in the GPNW is closing in on being complete.  That, of course, means that I STILL do not have a foot solution.  We took a longish walk up the hill to try the new hiking orthotics in the hiking boots.  They are very painful.  The left one had to come out after about 45 minutes. The 2012 version, while not perfect, is much less terrible than 2013.  I always want to tackle the young women I see wearing nose picker heels and show them my surgery scars and explain to them how bad life becomes when your feet turn on you.  I never wore those shoes, by the way, I'm just genetically gifted with rotten feet.
Anyway, on the way back down the big hill we saw two large birds flying over a retention pond.  It's a terrible picture, but the brown and white mass lower right in the photo is a baby bald eagle.

 
Last Thursday it was back to see Dr. Lewis.   Cortisone for everyone!  Jim is getting injected on the bottom of the foot.  He developed a fibroma that was very prominent and painful to walk on.  It has responded beautifully to being stabbed and is now gone.   I got stabbed in the top of the foot as well.  It's beginning to look as if the neuroma may be between the 2nd and 3rd toes.

 
Today we drove up to Arlington.  It's about 50 miles from here.  This is the lab where they make the orthotics.  They unglued my left one and gave me a handful of metatarsal pads to place and see if I can improve my foot pain.  I left them there, they are going to take the heat gun to them all and lower the arches a little bit.  They are too high on the fascia insertion points and that hurts both feet.  The woman working the desk there was quite knowledgeable on where things hurt and why.  We're picking them up tomorrow at 3:00 which will put us in some of the worst rush hour traffic on the planet returning home.  This is the lab.

 
It's a fairly good sized industrial park.  I do not know what this does, but it's big and there are many control wheels.

 
At one point this factory received and delivered stuff by the rail car load.

 
So, I will be purchasing another Dremel tool.  The poron pads the lab uses are too thick to be comfortable, so I will be re-opening my podiatric clinic out on the picnic table.  I was hoping not to be owning the shaping and placement of met pads, but it appears that I will doing just that.
This is the current foot status.  I'm keeping a record of this for me, so I do apologize for a less than interesting post.

No comments:

Post a Comment