Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tucson to Blythe

Today's route was good - I10 to I8 to 85 to I10 again which totally avoided driving through Phoenix.

We're at the Blythe KOA. It's hotter than the seventh circle of hell. The park attracts people with jet skis, boats and etc., to go play on the river. We're on a grass site populated by what my Grandmother used to call 'piss ants'. They're tiny and they're vicious. I stepped on a nest and they came out biting. I retaliated with bug spray. Other than the ants, it's not a terrible park.

There is an elevated pipeline full of some unknown substance, crossing the river.

The 4 guys in the boat have really bad sun burns. Apparently they did not get the memo about sunscreen.

There is a tiny little beach. It's full. Much beer is being consumed down there.

Tomorrow we're on to Beatty, NV. It took me awhile to find it on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment