Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Day of the Turkey!

We rode today, started out with a killer tailwind, so we knew it would be a slog back.  It really was, the wind had picked up since we started.  I feel that we built much character.  

Jim spatchcocked two Cornish Game Hens, something that is usually done with kitchen shears.  Did I pack the kitchen shears when we came down here?  No.  Fortunately little birds can be done with a knife.

We visited some friends in the park, it was good to sit and talk.  

Other than that, we have had no giant day of cooking, and given the size of our kitchen sink, I'm pretty happy about that.

Hope you all had a wonderful day with you and yours.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm in North Dakota and the restaurant we ate at last night were out of their turkey special. Chicken strips, it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one day of prep and a day of cooking and eating. People came to my house this year. First time in a long time. We all usually gather at my daughter’s house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had no work and no mess, ate Thanksgiving at Cracker Barrel and The Son Paid for it, so Win-Win for Yours Truly. It was only the 3 of us anyway, so not worth the effort of cooking a big Feast. Princess T went up to Prescott to Timmy's Grandparents Cabin with them and The Grandsons are in New Mexico now and The Daughter is still in Mexico for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count yourselves fortunate! I think Christmas will be like that for me and Dave -- just us and the dog, having some manageable meal and taking it easy.

    You asked about marshmallows on the sweet potatoes. It's actually my mom's recipe, and it was my favorite dish when I was growing up, so we always make it at holidays. It's about the only time I ever eat a marshmallow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We has a lovely family meal with those of us left "home" yesterday, about thirty, with guests. The kitchen outdid themselves, but I noticed the sweet potato dish had all the marshmallows scraped to one end. So much for tradition.

    ReplyDelete