Wednesday, January 11, 2017

More of Same

It's been awhile since I've posted.  I'm struggling with blogging about daily minutia when things are going to hell in a hand basket.  I personally think we're seeing the beginning of the end for this country.  The president elect's constant distortion of the facts and dismissals of the media and intelligence agencies will not do the country any good.  Paul Ryan is changing the way Congress works while we're all distracted by Twitter.  Six days ago, the House of Representatives passed a bill to make it easier to give away public lands - including the national parks.  I could keep going, but I think I will stop - until it gets worse.

So, there has been the usual; bike hike. 







We did call the wild life center about the injured hawk.  They've received many calls about him, and have been out to effect a rescue, but since he's still mobile they've not been able to find him.  The last time we saw him he was standing on the ground and not the fence.  That's not good. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for calling about the hawk. You're right that it does not sound good, but perhaps they will be able to locate and rehab him. I have to hope for something!

    Totally agreed about this country; we may be heading back to Mexico sooner rather than later. Had not heard about the public lands rule change, so thank you for the alert. So wrong! I just can't believe what is going on in the US -- a national nightmare from which I keep hoping to wake up, but every day it only gets worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stress levels are out of sight lately...and I don't see an end to that any time soon. The disparity between the outgoing and the incoming is so painfully obvious and extreme. I truly do not understand how we came to this place and time...it is heart wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share your worry......

    If you feel stagnant there in Tucson why not pull up those jacks and look for adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a beautiful part of the country--a place I've never visited. Maybe someday. Seems like an especially nice place to spend the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete