Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Trip to the Desert

Well, it would appear that summer is on hiatus in the GPNW.  This is the view from my window seat as I departed Seatac.  Yes, events have caused me to depart the presence of my sweetie and the cool cloudy weather and fly south. 

 
Here is a view of Mt. Saint Helens.  We need to go down there, I've never seen the results of a volcano up close.

 
This is the sky descending in to Tucson.  One can tell that it will be hot and humid, and that there will be rain later.

 
My phone is on high alert.  We had an amazing storm pass through.  I went out and shot an AVI of it, but the version of Picassa on the netbook does not recognize my camera's AVI format.  So, no video for you.  Imagine all of the hurricane footage you've seen, with sideways wind, palm trees lashing back and forth and so on; it was like that.

 
So, the power went out (and then returned, mercifully) and the satellite TV is still out with no ECD for its return.  The ladies at the front desk do not know how to reboot the system.  I suggested holding down the power button and counting to 10, but they're waiting for a manager.  Interestingly enough, our previous experience with the internet here has been that it was really fast, but that is not the case today.  I'm not sure Hulu is going to be an option at these speeds. 
So, that's it for me, I'm here until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment