Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Short Version of the Driveway Project

Since May 8th, we've been having the driveway replaced, as well as the main water line to the house.  It's been somewhat stressful.  Anyway, it's done.  If you're interested in my stream of consciousness record of the process, it's in the next post down.  It's really long; I wanted to have the narrative of the project in one place, rather than weeks of postings.

Here's what it looks like.


The gate will be returned in due time, after being shortened and refurbished.

9 comments:

  1. The driveway looks good! I read the long version with my heart in my throat. What an ordeal. But the result does not betray any of that angst. Congrats on having it all behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And only a month in the making! The work is done, and well done, in the end. I guess you hosed off the agave somewhere along the line; I missed that. Hope the gate is back too. Past that, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was more than "somewhat stressful"! We are so happy to be renting an apartment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous driveway!!! It's always an ordeal that's worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I take it all back. That entire project was a nightmare!!! Seems to me that's how things work in Arizona. Still, it IS fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an ordeal! does look good though but omg. I hate remodeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Final result looks amazing, but a PITA to get there. Glad it's behind you now!

    ReplyDelete