Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A Walk in Seattle

Greetings and Salutations Earthlings!  At long last I have a few measly pictures to post.  When I last wrote I mentioned that we were waiting for the mobile guy to come and measure us for a new window sunshade.  Mirabile dictu!  The man arrived with a bag full of the straps that one uses to pull the shade down.  He was able to replace the strap while here, and now we are much less hot than we have been.
Today we drove into downtown Seattle to see what we would see.  This is Westlake Center.  In the past, there hasn't been much there. Now there are tables and chairs.  The thing on the left is a climbing space for children.


There are food trucks as well.  The restaurant lobby has been very resistant to the idea of food trucks, but is appears that the trucks are winning. We got a sandwich here that was just wonderful.  It was beef on a baguette with vegetables, very similar to a Banh Mi.  We both could have eaten another one, but decided against it.


This is the Seoul Food truck.  If you look at the chalk board, he's serving kimchi fries today.


We wandered down to the Pike Place Market.  This is a sight that never ceases to amaze me.  Can you see the huge line?  They're lining up for Piroshky.  Why?  What is the deal with Piroshky.  You're in a city with great food everywhere, and they're in line for that.


This is the other line that just kills me.  It's the original Starbucks.  They will queue for hours to get coffee there.  There is coffee everywhere in Seattle.  People are so interesting.


Examine, if you will, the prices on the seafood.  They keep telling us to eat more fish, but who can afford it?  I haven't comparison shopped so I don't know if these are going to be area prices, or if it's because it is such a popular tourist area.



Apropos of nothing, I would like to leave you with this.  It's a photo of the television, showing a commercial for Farxiga, which is a drug for type 2 diabetes.  Look at how the guy in the pink striped shirt is holding that vinyl record.  Does no one on the production crew of this commercial know the proper way to handle vinyl?  They must all be very young.


That's it - that's all I've got.

5 comments:

  1. "Does no one on the production crew of this commercial know the proper way to handle vinyl?" Oh, my, I sprayed my Diet Coke with that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of "vinyl," be sure to go pay homage to Jimi while there...

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed our time in the Seattle area. For some reason I liked this city and I'm not a city person. But the parking fees were ridiculous!! Even I didn't stand in line at original Starbucks and I am a Starbucks fanatic! I assume people are waiting to get their drink in the original logo cup. I understand that is the only place they use that logo on the cups. I didn't find the prices for seafood high at Pike's Market for the area. Boy would I love to get my hands on some of it now:) I too laughed at your vinyl comment! Good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've notices seafood is very expensive or of questionable quality in many places. We would like to eat more, but reject the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I queue for nothing! If I walk into a store or restaurant and see long lines I head right back out, always. My family thinks I'm interesting that way. Once when I conceded and waited in line at a Starbuck's by the time we were done it was my daughter who said maybe we shouldn't have waited. Ha! Life is too short to spend it standing in lines, as you pointed out there is always somewhere else you could go that would be happy to have your business.

    ReplyDelete