Thursday, March 22, 2012

Night Blooming Cereus (Not)

Behold the beauty that is the night blooming Cereus. At least, that's what I think it is. Anyway it's an amazing plant here in the RV park. This is what he looked like around 6:30 last night.

Update to post: I have been reliably informed that this is not a night blooming Cereus. At this point I do not know what it is.


And this is what he looks like at 8:00 am the next day. If I were a more dedicated photographer, I'd be up at dawn before the light got harsh, but apparently I am not. It's a spectacular specimen.






Double click on the photo, I left it big.



There will be more cactus photos as the season progresses.

2 comments:

  1. mother nature creates some of the best art! Thanks for sharing this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous flowering cactus. Thank you for showing us! Love the photos. You are having fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete