Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rib Fest and Camera Evaluations

The lukewarm summer continues. The tomatoes lie fallow on the vine, refusing to ripen.

However, there is Rib Fest to bring us joy! Vicki and Dave put on quite the spread again this year. They made fourteen slabs of barbequed goodness. Here is the festive center piece.

Here are my good friends Kim and Jim in their square dancing regalia. Are they not lovely? They would go on to be victorious in the Best Western (Couple) clothing award.

Here are Vicki and Dave at the awards ceremony. I love the pink hat.

Anyway, it was a great evening with friends. We stayed out way too late and had too much fun.

The next day we opted for our favorite cure for too much fun, and went for a bike ride. It was a beautiful day. Half of eastern King county was out on the Tolt River.

One of the last thistles of summer.

We've been looking at a new camera. Actually I have been looking at a new camera. It occurs to me that if I had more zoom, my river picture would be better because the people would be more visible. However, the super zoom point and shoots are heavy, they could go in a fanny pack, but not a jersey pocket. The photo below was taken at a camera store, it's a Sony Powershot DSC-WS10. It's cool in that it has an internal panorama stitching software and it does HDR light. It helps with back lit scenes and night time shots. But it's only 7x zoom. The next model up is 16x and it does camcorder grade video, but it's heavy. I don't know. At this point, I believe I'll do nothing.



That is all I have to report at this time.

1 comment:

  1. green tomatoes are wonderful! you can make chow chow or fried green ones. YUM! ;)

    ReplyDelete