Sunday, September 6, 2009

Memphis - Graceland

Getting these pictures up has been a struggle. It took hours to get the movie up to YouTube, THEN they wouldn't let me use the Paul Simon song, Graceland, so I had to use some of their music, but by then picture quality was so degraded I gave up on YouTube. Now it's an album on Picasa. If you're interested in the Graceland pictures, don't use the "view all" button or the slide show, they do not seem to be working. Just arrow through them and play "Graceland" in your head. (I have had reports that the slide show is working, maybe it's just me!)

Graceland web album

It was worth visiting. Elvis bought the mansion when he was 22. At the time it was out in the middle of the country. Now Memphis has surrounded it with strip malls and purveyors of fried fast food. There are several exhibits other than the house. They cover his two years in the service, where he met Priscilla in Germany and the movies. I had no idea he made as many movies as he did. So, if you're in the area, this is worth a few hours of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment