Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We have arrived in Tucson

I took this a couple of days ago. I guess the only thing I have to say about this is, WHY? It's a Hummer with tracks.

This is yesterday taken on the way through El Paso. That's Juarez, Mexico as seen from the freeway.

If you've ever wondered what it's like to drive across Texas and New Mexico on I10, this is what it looks like.



This was somewhere in Arizona. I think that says it all.

This is taken once we reached the pretty part of Arizona.

So, we're in Tucson. We have backed in to our very narrow site off the very narrow street. The standing joke between us after any stressful event is that I have run out of neurotransmitters. Today I would have to say that my brain was completely emptied and all the little neurons and axons were high and dry. Backing in to this site was difficult. At one point when Jim was pivoting the RV to make it turn, the wheels were actually being shoved sideways. That is something I don't ever want to see again. Unencumbered by facts and data, it seems like it should be easier than this. When we leave we'll just drive out; why, then, does it require backing and filling, pivoting, dragging the wheels across the pavement, and scaring the crap out of me? We're going up to McDowell Mountain park for Thanksgiving, I think we're going to back into each and every open slot so we can practice.
Tomorrow we're going to start the exercise regime and muscle rebuilding. Let the pain begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment