Sunday, November 9, 2008

Modern medical mysteries

This is so weird. I sat down in my comfy chair last night to eat my bowl of dinner, kicked off my flip flops and discovered what was basically a bag of blood on the top of my foot. It wasn't a bruise, you could move it about. It was sloshing! We had to quit looking at it so we could eat dinner. This morning it had spread out in to the surrounding area and made red spots. Weird, just very weird. Tonight the red spots are spreading and the blue is fading. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of, I just know you all want to see that. We think it is a spider bite.


We went Texas route 29 from Georgetown over to Junction to pick up interstate 10. It was very pleasant driving. The roads were very good with very little traffic. The picture below is of Mason. Blink and you'll miss it. Hunting season has started, there were lots of guys in camo at the barbeque restaurant, stores are selling blinds and deer corn. Today was a beautiful day for it. We ended up in a former KOA in Fort Stockton TX. It's a good location for them, there is nothing much else for stopping until you get to Van Horn, which is 120 miles away. We were happy we'd made reservations, they're pretty much full.

So, doesn't he look happy? He's not driving. His wife is getting over the new RV jitters and actually got behind the wheel today.


See? I'm driving. It's easier to drive than the Dodge towing the travel trailer. It trails faster and is not so affected by traffic coming up on along side. Box trucks would make the travel trailer sway, we don't feel them now. At present I am still limited to driving in a straight line. We're still thinking about backing.



So tomorrow is probably Deming NM. I think we're going to have head winds and climbing tomorrow which slows down progress.

1 comment:

  1. quite the foot :P yowzer. congrats on the driving, I may have to start driving again, just for the practice, well, maybe next year. Yeah, watch out for the winds in the Deming area... of course, we always stay at Dream Catcher Escapees park there, they have nice big pull thrus!

    ReplyDelete