Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Rhodies Are Out

It has warmed up enough to make the rhododendrons bloom - finally!  Ours are pink, we were wondering what they would look like.  This was yesterday.


This was today, taken with an actual camera. 



They're really pretty.  Here is one with a bumble bee.  So far this spring we have not seen any honey bees.


Currently the south west and parts of Texas are under extreme heat warnings.  As much as I have been complaining about spring (and yes I know it was endless) I am very happy not to be in Tucson anymore.



I love how they make the really hot places look like burned toast.

10 comments:

  1. Toast and flames. I couldn't bear that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expecting snow in the mountains. It is lovely here at the moment. Texas toast- can't think of a better state to fry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming to you from Burnt Toast Land around Phoenix... yep, this is the time of year most escape the Desert and go back from whence they came. *LOL* Those flowers are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly feel like burnt toast and it's warming up even more. Oh joy. Your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's frightening. I'll take the cooler temps here in Saskatchewan. The rhodies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't complain about the cooler temps (rain today) when I look at what's happening in the southwest. I think of power grids and outages in those temps and shudder. Love the rhody--mine is blooming too. It's a late one though anyway, even when we haven't had a cool spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother loved Rhodies, always had a vase of them on her dining table. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's horrible here. Predicting a week of triple digits...in June! Been three years since we've had triple digits but it happens in August. The rhodies are beautiful. I wish they grew down here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, god. That map looks horrible. But your rhodies are beautiful and I'm sure you're appreciating the cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rhododendrons are beautiful. We've had a long, cool spring here too.

    ReplyDelete