Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Au Revoir to Paris

 Parking in Paris can be a contact sport.  There's a van parked against the front of the black car as well.  He's not going anywhere until one of his captors departs.


Yesterday was a pretty bad day.  The fever and the cough got a lot worse.  Last night was also terrible.  I'm beginning to think Dextromethorphan might be psychoactive.  I got stuck in this zombie dream loop.  I'd run through Paris, and then die, but I knew in the dream that after I died, the game would reset.  It was small comfort.  I woke up just drenched, it was miserable.
Today I am feeling marginally better.  Jim came back from a foraging trip complaining of the heat.  Of course.  Our last day here will have me still trapped in the room with decent weather outside.  My goal at this point is to survive the trip home.

Even though the weather was difficult, I'm still glad we came.  The goals of this trip were to get out of Tucson, and to force Jim to get on his feet and stay there.  Jim has exceeded feet expectations.  The hitch in his gait is gone, and he's once again walking with a great sense of purpose.  Getting the walking re-established was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I think we're almost done with that.

Tomorrow we are up and out for the flight to Atlanta and then to Tucson.  We have a two and a half hour layover in Atlanta, which hopefully will be enough.  After the disastrous landing in Philadelphia, I've started looking for longer layovers when there will be clearing customs.

Ok, I'm tired now, time for a nap. 

5 comments:

  1. Safe travels...it will be good to get home so you can recuperate in comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not fun to travel when you don't feel good so I hope the trip goes smoothly for you. That's great news about jim's walking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not fun to travel when you don't feel good so I hope the trip goes smoothly for you. That's great news about jim's walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone messes with you in customs, kiss them squarely on the mouth :)
    Box Canyon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough to do international travel with the flu; I hope it was not too terrible! Glad, though, that Jim's gait has improved. In that respect, your trip was a resounding success. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete