Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Lung Doctor and Etc.

I saw the pulmonologist yesterdy.  I like him, I would go back there.  Actually I will be seeing him once a year.  His judgement on the CT scan was "the CT doesn't look bad."  There are two linear scars, they're small.  His theory is they're from when I had pneumonia.  There are also two or three "tree in bud" scars (I think they're scars) but they're tiny.  Everything is tiny. There are a few tiny nodules, just for good measure.  A vast swath of my lungs are clear.  So, he wants to scan once a year and see if anything is changing.

What, you wonder, is a tree in bud, in this context.  It's a small scar that looks like a tree branch with buds on it.  

There are no lung consolidations.  So, I'm not dying immediately.

We were up and out early this morning to ride, before it got hot.  We're in the 90's now.  This is a pano that google made for me.  The concrete sides of the flood control channel that feeds the Santa Cruz river have fallen off the bank.  They did not use any rebar in it, and rain has undermined the whole shebang. 

 
 It was a nice morning.  Later in the ride there was some cloud cover which was nice.  I'm always amazed at how fast it gets hot.


Today we made heat shields for the front door.  It's a single layer of metal, like a screen door, with a glass top section.  It faces west and admits a lot of heat when the sun is setting, so this will make things better.  It's bubble wrap with aluminum foil on both sides.  The RV was full of Reflectix on the sunny side windows.


This is what's holding it on to the bottom of the door.  We bought a package of  rare earth metal magnets.  Unfortunately, I can't get them apart. I got two separated off, but the other groups of three defy any attempts to pull them apart.  More larger magnets were ordered from Amazon, they came with spacers between them.  It's amazing how strong the little ones are.  After separating one from the stack, I let the remaining ones get too close to the one on the table, and it leaped up to join its brothers, catching part of my finger in between them, and drawing blood.  Now we are very careful to not let them get close to each other.


We had planned to replace the microwave in the fall, it's really old, the display is virtually unreadable.  However, I think the freezer in the shed has become a higher priority.  The seals are shot, and it does this.


So, the departure effort has begun.  We're still on the fence about the house we like.  The interior is perfect, there is enough space for all of our stuff; but there's very little mountain view, and there is the ham radio antenna next door.  That antenna will never leave until the current owners die.  I haven't seen them so I don't know how old they are.  It's been on the market for 80 days, so maybe they'll accept less money.  Ack, what to do, what to do.

That's it, that's all I've got.


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you won't be dying immediately. I'm sure it is a relief to you too.
    Yikes that freezer will definitely need to be replaced.
    Good luck with your decision on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news from the lung doc. your front door sounds like a storm door, the kind you install outside your regular door where a screen door would go. people here have them so they can open their door to the day to see out but not let the weather in. if you move back to Arizona will you keep the park model?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Dr. news, I'm glad you're not going to die immediately! Now you have time to make the big decision on the house? Tucson or Spokane, Spokane or Tucson..... We're watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're not dying, immediately:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news from a doctor is always welcome. Those magnets sound a little scary!

    ReplyDelete