Saturday, September 5, 2020

Still Hot

Today's high will be 110 according to KOLD.  I just went out to retrieve an Amazon package and I think it's already true.  It's really really hot, and windy.  We have four more days of really hot and then it drops into the 90's.  Hopefully it will STAY there.

Sabian404 retweeted this picture of a Boeing 777X at Boeing Field.  It's a cool picture.  This plane has some serious winglets.


There was a boat parade today in Austin on a lake there.  The bigger boats were going too fast, generating too much wake.  In the process, four boats sank and one burned.  I know it's a personality flaw to take pleasure in others' misfortune, but it's hard not to.  No one was hurt, so I am partially redeemed.


At 7:05 this morning it was 90 degrees when we set out.  It would be nice for it to be cooler so we could ride longer.  That's not happening yet.


Here is a bucket of yard work in waiting.  Some small creatures are making wallows in the side yard.  They displace the gravel and dig up the sprinkler lines.  The plan is to put a rock in each wallow and hopefully dissuade them from doing this.  We went to Sonoran Materials and bought two five gallon buckets of rocks.  We're limited by what we can carry.


The wind has taken all of the petals out from under the bougainvillea and moved them into the entry way. Jim will need to get the leaf blower out and move them down the street into the wash.


From the current episode of "you can't make this up", the niece of Osama bin Laden has endorsed the orange wombat for president.


OK then! Carry on.

9 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine that much heat, though I'm sure I've said that before.
    Are those blue flags Trump, too. They surely cannot be Biden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the tRump fleet of bad boat drivers.

      Delete
  2. I laughed when I saw the news about the boats sinking. I do feel bad for them but all I could think about was Trump sinking on election day whenever that might be. 103 here today. 51 on Monday. I dont like either one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's wrong to laugh, but I too suffer from the same personality flaw. R.I.P. the SS MAGA-Ritaville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes.....I share your flaw (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That plane is an amazing sight. And, I'm another one with that same personality flaw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that story about the Trump boats in Texas, but I didn't know one of them burned! It's human nature to take a certain amount of glee in the misfortune of others, particularly those with whom we don't agree. (Schadenfreude!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my sister lived in Arizona for years she says that 'but it's a dry heat' is hogwash. it is still unbearably hot. we don't have those high temps but we do have killer humidity. we were supposed to get a cool front this week that would drop us to mid 60s to mid 80s. apparently they lied as it is now not happening.

    I think we are all a little silently gleeful about the disastrous boat parade. so typical of Trump supporters to not give a shit about anyone else, even other Trumpers. zooming around like assholes totally unconcerned about the smaller boats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bougainvillea petals in your entry way are such a lovely color. I am also struck by the vivid blue of your sky. As for the boat parade, I took smiled subversively. Metaphor I hope for what's coming in November.

    ReplyDelete