Thursday, July 4, 2019

As Seen in Issaquah

Greetings Earthlings!  How is your July 4th going for you?  We had the annual visits to the medical fleet yesterday.  I got a Pneumovax vaccination against pneumonia yesterday and it still hurts today.  It hurts to raise my arm and it hurts into my arm pit.  Last year I had the Prevnar13, so I'm done with the pneumonia series.  That one made me feel awful, as well.  Having had pneumonia in 2016, the vaccinations are better than the alternative.  One wonders how they isolate all of the things in the world that could cause pneumonia.

It's humid here, we went out for a short walk this morning.  This place is so green.  These are wild morning glory plants.  I think they're second only to blackberries in being an invasive noxious weed.  They're virtually impossible to control once they get established.


This is finally complete.  This is the bike trail we can ride on from the park.  They ran the trail under the new road they built - that would be the road that takes us to Costco.  They paid for half of it.  Anyway, we were coming back and there were five stoners sitting under the bridge, smoking cigarettes, saying stupid profane stuff and laughing like idiots.  The trail is just covered in cigarette butts and take out food trays.   It's enough to make me think year round school might be a good thing.


Mama duck and the babies in the creek.


Flowers.


It's a fruiting on the trail.  These things are a pain to ride through, they're slippery.


Other than this paltry offering, there's not alot to say.

6 comments:

  1. We have a bike and hike trail under a state highway.When the trail needed repair, the simple way would have been to close the trail. However, it was illegal to do so, and they shut down the state highway to one lane instead. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the case everywhere there's a bridge over a bike trail. Ours is always full of creepy kids smoking dope. Year round school is an EXCELLENT idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are those cherry tomatoes? I am always dumbfounded by how little pride Americans have in their country, people just throw their trash wherever they want and don't seem to care how much there is, don't mind living in it. the thing that totally impressed me when I spent 3 weeks in Portugal last summer was how clean Portugal is. I didn't see one speck of litter anywhere the whole time I was there. the only exception was in Lisbon and cigarette butts in the spaces between the cobblestones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are cherries. Issaquah used to be full of orchards, now they're abandoned trees, and they drop fruit everywhere. Along the main street, there will be hundreds of apples dropping. The geese love that. Washington is not too bad on trash, I wish I could say the same for Tucson.

      Delete
  4. Morning glories can be a nightmare, especially in places where it doesn't freeze. (It must freeze in Issaquah, though, right?) Oh well -- at least they're pretty!

    ReplyDelete