Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Hike, Phone, Cold, and Seattle

Yesterday was really annoying.  My phone would not turn on.  I put it on the charger, no lights lit up.  It was dead.  Really dead.  Most of the pictures on the phone are not important to me, but there was one video that I really wanted.  We did not go to Verizon because Ken was coming to fix the Hydro Hot in the afternoon and we needed to be home for that. 

We did do the Ammunition Box trail earlier in the day.  It was just lovely.

IMG_4483

We stopped at the first over look.  It was enough.

IMG_4491

Today I got up and put the phone back on the charger, and the red light came on.  The battery was down to 1%.  Why did it choose to be dead yesterday and ok today?  I have only had this phone since June 2016, it’s a little early for it to be dying.  Anyway, I did manage to get the video uploaded to my laptop via a USB cable.  It’s not intuitive.  The phone wants to send each and every photo as a separate file folder.  I think I’ll stick to emailing photos to me.

The weather tanked last night.  There was a lot of wind and some rain.  Today was dark, windy and cold.  The humming bird has once again taken up residence on the feeder.  He does not leave.

P1370161

He also yells at us if we venture out of the RV.

P1370184

Here is a link to a four minute video on you-tube.  It’s a time lapse of three years of growth in Seattle.  If you have the bandwidth it’s really fascinating to watch the buildings go up.  There is a camera on top of the Space Needle and it takes a picture every ten minutes.  It’s very cool.

1 comment:

  1. perhaps something was running on the phone in the background and completely drained the battery. Fascinating video.

    ReplyDelete