Monday, April 25, 2016

Jim's on the Bike and a Few Cactus

Greetings Earthlings!  How are things with you?  We're gradually improving.  I have to tell you that this is the sickest I have ever been in my entire life.  This morning I walked about a mile and it was enough.  Jim rode his bike for the first time since the incident.  It was a short ride, since we're having gale force winds here, but he was on the bike.  Unlike when he's walking, the repaired tendon feels fine when he's on the bike. That's a very good thing.


Due to being so dang sick, I missed the cactus upon our return.  It's unfortunate, this year's bloom was just spectacular.  Here are a few that I saw recently.


There are several saguaro cactus blooming in the park. 


Yuccas blooming in the park.  They're pretty magnificent.


It's amazingly hot and windy here.  A couple of days ago, someone left their awning out and a gust of wind tore in right off the RV.  I think we are here for at least two more weeks.  Jim's PT wants to see him again.  I will probably need to have my lung function checked one more time.  Then, maybe we can go to where it is less hot.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to hear some good news from you! Those saguaro blooms are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read you are on the road to recovery! So hopefully you've both got your share of illness/injury out of the way for 2016...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is good to see Jim "get back on the horse!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just now catching up on reading blogs, and I am so glad to hear that you're feeling better AND that Jim is back on the bike. Good news all! And it wasn't your awning that got ripped off! This happened to the fifth wheel next to us at the campground where we wintered in FL as well. Because of this, I live in fear of the same and take ours in at the first wisp of wind!

    ReplyDelete