Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lake Sammamish

Another delightful day was on tap for the GPNW.  It's just eerie. It did not rain once in August, not once!  We rode around Lake Sammamish today.  It was good,  I did better on the three terrible hills than I have been doing.  This is the lake.  This is high dollar real estate.  Once upon a time, it was not high dollar, because it was "too far out", now it's smack dab in the middle of the eastern megalopolis.  The time to buy was decades ago.  Ah, the benefits of 20-20 hindsight.

 
Some years the water is high enough to submerge the docks.  This year the water levels are quite reasonable.

 
We have new technology for the trip.  Rather than taking a stack of books, we bought Nooks.  They're pretty cool.  I registered both of them to me, and every book I buy shows up on Jim's Nook.   We have recently discovered Vince Flynn, and we like his books.  They're of the "CIA shoots the bad guy" genre, and are a fun read.  So we downloaded a few of them, and some Jane Austen as well.  There will be a new Jack Reacher book out the day before we leave, so I'm hoping we can get that, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment