Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Friday we did the breakfast ride up to Geronimo Square by the University. When I was a student at the U (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) these were little houses around a courtyard. They've all been converted to retail and restaurants, it's quite the pleasant area. After breakfast there was a ride out east and then lunch. Then there was a ride back to the RV park.


Yesterday Jim rode the mountain bike and I hiked. I was pretty whipped after Friday's ride. This was a new trail for me, and I must say it's not a repeater. Lot's of rocks, not much elevation gain, and fairly uninteresting.



Today was the breakfast ride to the Rincon Market. There were basketball players from UofA getting food. This is taken with the regular camera with no flash which is why it's blurry. It's always amazing how tall these guys are. Tall, really tall.

I used my phone camera to try to get a picture of what was on the kid's plate, but the photo quality is pretty terrible. Anyway, 2 eggs Benedict, a pile of sausage, and 2 sweet rolls; on one plate. I'm planning to use the phone camera when I'm stalking people. Other than that, it's not that good.


After breakfast we rode up A Mountain and then up Gates Pass. I like that ride. When we got back the RV park Super Bowl tail gate party was in full swing. Beer was purchased and we sat in the grass and chatted for awhile. It was very pleasant.


So, that's what we've been doing. More of same. I keep threatening to do tourist activities so as to expand the content of the posting. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment