Friday, September 19, 2008

We're South Dakota residents

We arrived in Sioux Falls yesterday and went immediately to the DMV for new licenses. Ya gotta love it, took an eye test, paid $8 and we were done. I did not think it was possible to get a picture that was worse than the NC license picture, but I did. All it needs is me holding a number under my chin.
SD is another place ruled out for the final resting place (that would be the next house we buy). The wind blows constantly. It's rural. Very rural. See below. That's what most of it looks like. We're in the Yogi Bear Jellystone RV park, which is our new permanent address for voting. When you register to vote, the physical address is where ever you spent the previous night. I love that. I live in an RV park now. Anyway, it's right next to the freeway, and frankly I can not see any reason to be here other than passing through. However, the weather this weekend is supposed to be nice, and the the park is booked. People will bring their RVs out for the weekend and what? What, exactly, will they do for two days? We're mystified.


Coming up 80 and 29 we encountered abysmal roads. How abysmal you ask? This has never happened before. The entire contents of the medicine cabinet were ejected. I knew it was going to be bad when I walked in and saw my mouth guard container upside down in the middle of the floor.


This is the Sioux Falls historical district. We had a fattening lunch so we went for a walk afterwards. We were mainly drawn by the spires we could see.



This is the St. Joseph's cathedral. It's large.


So, tomorrow we're leaving. We do not have a delivery date for the RV yet so we don't know what we're doing exactly. Allegedly there are gas shortages across the Ohio valley and into the Carolinas, so that's unnerving. It's generally not as bad as the talking heads would have you believe so hopefully it won't be terrible. I'm looking forward to having a bigger gas tank and more range. The debate continues regarding 3/4 ton vs. 1 ton diesel. Currently the 3/4 ton is winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment