Saturday, August 16, 2008

Anne Close Springs

As I mentioned in my other post, the men are installing a garage door opener. I am hiding. I took these last Sunday. There is a huge green way called Anne Close Springs. It's a former cotton plantation. There are mountain bike trails and horse trails and walking trails. The mountain bike trails are too difficult for moi. Roots, trees, gullies, ditches, certain death awaits. The horse trails are very nice, but are forbidden to the bikers. So, we walk. We walked around the lake early in the morning, it was quite pleasant.

These are the goats.



I think this is a kudzu blossom.


I know this is kudzu.


The tres bucolic lake.





I like this one. Double click on it, it gets bigger.


This house was built in the 1700s. It was recently relocated here. It is the home of Billy Graham's grandfather. He's described by the plaque as a hard working, hard swearing man. He was shot in the War Between the States, and carried a bullet in his leg until he died.



Well, I guess I'll mosey on down an see how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment