Saturday, July 22, 2023

First Day After Shingrix Vaccine

The pharmacist was right, the second shot is worse than the first.  We had planned to get up and ride before the heat - HAH!  Double HAH HAH HAH!

After reading other peoples' accounts of their Shingrix reactions, I think we're not too bad, but bad enough.  We're both feeling thick in the head, a brain fog, if you will.  Both of us have a headache.  Our arms hurt at the injection site.  My arm is bright red and warm to the touch.  Both of us feel like space cadets, just loopy.  Jim has body aches, I do not.  The thick in the head is the worst for me, I'm uncoordinated.  Riding would have been dangerous.  My typing is not good either, there has been much back spacing to remove typos.

We're hoping tomorrow will be better. 

Here is a photo of the otter that has been stealing surf boards out from under the surfers.


Ok then - carry on ya'll!

7 comments:

  1. reaction sent me to bed for a day! Not that I minded bed for a day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember having much of a reaction with the Shingrix shots except for a very sore arm. The third Covid shot gave me chills and a headache but all the others were no problem. It's weird how we react so differently to shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope both of you are feeling better soon. The reactions don't sound pleasant.
    The otter made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I's forgotten, it's been so long. The second shot was a bummer. The otter is making the news everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I need to get that vaccine but reports like this deter me. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'd read a couple that made me think "never." However, reading about Ramsay Hunt as a possible outcome to Shingles motivated me greatly.

      Delete
  6. I had both Shingrix shots last year, and although I think they were bad at the time, I honestly can't even remember, so it was a badness that was quickly gotten over, I suppose! I had more of a reaction to the COVID boosters, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete