Sunday, August 9, 2020

A Baby Bird

Up and out early - hotter than blazes.  I'll be glad when it's Halloween, which is when it will stop being this hot.  The virus will always be with us, but at least we'll be able to not get up at oh:dark:thirty and will be able to walk about mid-day.

So, while sitting at the table reading my daily dose of perfidy and malfeasance, I noticed a bird perched on the side of a palm tree.  He was vibrating his wings and complaining non-stop.  It's a baby Oriole.  All of these were taken through the sliding glass door because I did not want to scare him or the parent(s) who were bringing him food.  He looks kind of young to be out of the nest.





Shortly after I took these, he disappeared from the side of the tree.  I still hear him, but am afraid he's on the ground.  There are many other animals that will eat him.  Nature is so harsh.

If you have some free time, please call Representative Connolly and ask him what the hell congress is going to do about the Post Office.  


Last night we had a pink cloud.


That's it - that's all I've got.

3 comments:

  1. That parent bird is incredible! And that baby is probably up, not down. They just hang around expecting food for a week or so.
    I'm up for calling Connolly. Thanks for the number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's amazing how fast baby birds fledge. you wouldn't think that it could sort of flutter/fly with undeveloped wings but apparently it's safer for them out of the nest where they can constantly move about. are they orioles? I just looked it up...a hooded oriole.

    I just can't absorb any more of the destruction. for a few days anyway. but I will make that call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry too much about the bird. They all go through that stage and clearly many of them make it. It's just nature! Nice cloud.

    ReplyDelete